Title: Obtaining Competitive Info: Tools and Ethics/Morals
Session Leader: Gary Palgon and John Mansour
In this session, we will present traditional as well as innovative ways to obtain competitive information and then discuss the ethics and morals behind using these techniques. You will learn:
– How to download an entire website for evaluation
- How social media mining can help to find competitive information
– What SEO tools can be used to learn about your competitors keywords, ad spend, etc.
– What job boards can tell you about competitors
We will discuss (Warning, everyone may not agree :
– Should you ask customers for competitor presentations / RFP answers?
– If it’s right to act as a consult when calling into competitors
– Whether joining competitor user groups / mailing lists under an alias
Session Leader Bio:
Gary Palgon is the Vice President of Product Management and Strategy at Liaison Technologies, an Atlanta-based company focused on secure integration and data managements. Palgon has developed and marketed enterprise software for over two decades. His expertise bridges the gap between the technical and business aspects of data security and electronic commerce. Palgon is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) and has a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Sciences from the University of Florida.
John Mansour is a 20-year veteran in high technology product management, marketing and sales. Much of his success in those roles can be attributed to extensive operations management experience in retail, healthcare and software companies. John has experience directing large worldwide teams on domestic and international product and marketing initiatives as well as helping start-up companies launch new products.